Association of private Hospitals is aware that proper handling of the personal information of members, who are registered for the memberships/attendance, etc. and others (hereinafter referred to as “members and others”), is the basic for our business activities and social responsibility and faithfully promote the following efforts:
1. Under the philosophy of respecting the personalities of individuals, we shall properly handle personal information (information concerning living individuals capable of identifying the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information), faithfully comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information Protection Law”), other laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information, the guidelines specified by Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare and others and other rules.
2. We shall, concerning the personal information of members and others we obtain, take proper safety measures to prevent leakage, loss and damage of the personal information of members and others or unauthorized access to the personal information of members and others.
3. We shall specify the purpose of utilization as far as possible, and except where we have obtained prior approval from members and others, shall not provide the personal information of members and others to third parties. However, when the following respective items are applicable, we may provide the personal information of members and others to third parties without obtaining the prior approval of members and others:
(i) Cases in which the handling of personal information is subject to laws and regulations
(ii) Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of members and others
(iii) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of members and others
(iv) Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of members and others is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
4. We shall endeavor to maintain personal data obtained within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose and business specified in the articles of our association accurate and up to date and also for security control, take the necessary and proper measures such as assigning a chief privacy officer by department handling personal information etc., and properly supervise our employees (referring to all those engaged in our operation, and including part-time contract employees, temporary employees, employees engaged in entrusted service as well as regular employees) and subcontractors.
5. We shall, concerning the personal data we hold, in accordance with laws and regulations, promptly respond to requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. from person via the necessary procedures.